Thursday, August 29, 2013

The True Secret To Life From A 3 Yr Old


I had to be reminded by a 3 year old!!

A man was on a plane with his 3 yr old son. The little boy being a typical 3 yr old, was starting to be disruptive to the other passengers. The father opened an on-flight magazine and tore out a foldout map of the world. He proceeded to tear it along geographical lines into several pieces and laid the mixed up pieces onto the boys tray table. "Put the puzzle together, son", he said "It's a map of the world." The father hoped that it would keep the youngster busy for a few minutes at least until he lost interest. Dad then started to thumb through his own magazine, after a very brief moment, he looked down and was completely stunned to see that the boy had already perfectly completed the entire map of the world. Thinking that his son was a budding genius, he asked, "Son, how did you put that world map together so quickly?" The boy responded, "It was easy daddy, on the back of the page there's a picture of a mans head and when I got my head in the right place, the world came out just fine."

As someone who tends to over think almost everything, it has always amazed me how very small children have such a way of staying so connected, while coming up with simple solutions to something that they are faced with. I guess I need to have a little sit down with a 3 year old. I know as long as I can get my head in the right place and not over think things as to complicate them, my world will come out alright.

"It takes twenty years to make an overnight success" - Eddie Cantor

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter