Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What Seems To Be The Problem Officer?


Today while I was out running errands, I stopped for a moment to get something to eat. I sat down at the table and wondered what I would blog about today or even if I would. I thought about a question my oldest daughter asked me yesterday. Does blogging help my mood? I told her that it has made me more aware of the small things that happen in my day. The adjectives. The small little details that I have been just ignoring lately due to being so busy.

As I thought, my mind was coming up blank for something to write about. My morning and afternoon were turning out to be pretty hum drum. I ate the rest of my fruit and emptied my tray.

On my way back home, I pulled up to a busy intersection with one of those dreadful ‘forever’ lights. I found myself right next to a motorcycle cop. As nonstop traffic sped by for what seemed like an eternity, I could almost feel his breath down the back of my neck. I looked over at him proudly perched atop his black and white bike. His expression was serious and lips somewhat pursed under a little black mic.

I giggled to myself and looked back over at him. I put my thumb to my nose, stuck out my tongue and started wiggling the rest of my fingers. While doing this, I wondered to myself, What’s he going to do? What’s the worse thing that could happen? Will he pull me over and give me a ticket? That's a day in court I would pay to see anyway. A uniformed officer saying “Your Honor, she went like this to me” while displaying an active nose trumpet.

I was unsure of what his reaction to my childish gesture would be. I’ll admit, I was a little nervous. He looked forward at the light and then back over at me. With the serious expression still on his face, he raised his black gloved thumb to his nose and wiggled his fingers. We then both smiled and the light changed.

Relieved as I pulled away unfollowed and about the fact he smiled about it. I remembered something - That intersection is photo enforced. Maybe that’s why he smiled. Am I gonna get a ticket in the mail this week marked ‘Ninner, Ninner’?

3 comments:

  1. how funny, ha ha lol lol lmao
    you just made my day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob. You never know anymore with our city governments. They're pretty hard up for cash. Happy to have made you smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try this sometime :P

    Great post!

    www.colinbloginit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

counter